Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 4.5

So I missed posting yesterday, my bad, rough day.  I finally finished the last book and I have slowly moved onto the next one about options.  BIG DAY today in the market, with a huge rally, had anyone participated in it, they could have made a good bit of profit if trading properly.
This is a short post but I hope to have more information soon.  All I know is that if you want some good videos of some one's day trading process go to Alphatrends!  I'm going to try to have more information on my success in understanding options and the craziness there.
I did end up selling some stock today, but only for a tiny profit.  Its not a real profit making stock unless you invest tons of money in it.  I only bought it for its dividend, and Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP).  It's a long term BUY and HOLD stock.  Southern Company.  This company is real reliable with their dividends and is not a very volatile stock.  They deal in Energy in the Southeastern United States, as they own many other energy companies that provide to businesses and homes all across. Look into it if you're interested but don't expect to make a lot of money with it in short term. Instead of getting that 1.66 check every 3 months, perhaps reinvest and maybe 10 years down the line you own more of the stock, and its value has increased, and you can, who knows, make profit later on!

No comments: