Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 3

Hello again!  I don't have much progress on my reading, I have started Part 4, but I haven't gotten far through it.  I spent a good bit of time from this morning and this afternoon, watching the market and viewing charts and discussion boards to figure out what will go on today, and see what everyone Else's opinion is on the matter. 
The stocks that I have been trading, like everything else, declined today.  It was a great 2 days to be into the shorts and ultra short stocks.  Hindsight is key in trading... that much I know, if not figured out!  So I'm down some money, I don't have any stop points, as I think I'm close to areas (trading ranges)  I think the stocks will see again, so I'm holding on to see the stocks rise before I sell off for cash.  I want cash so I can start making better investments with my money. Diversify a little more, create better strategies for my investments, trading systems, etc, and so on.
I did notice, and I've heard other people say that the Inverse Head and Shoulder formation doesn't look like its going to happen.  I know from investopedia what a Head and Shoulder Pattern is, as well as reading in from my first reading.  When I talk about these patterns, showing up, possibly forming somewhere, I am talking about the current charts of the major indexes, specifically the DJI(Dow Jones Industrial Average) Index.  Since a lot of the stocks that show up in this index appear in other indexes as well, those same index charts have a very similar pattern appearing. 
I'm adding some sites that I like to visit to the bar: Marketwatch and the SEC's answer website.

No comments: