Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 1

Hi and welcome to the start of my new blog!  I've taken an interest in Technical Analysis, analyzing stocks and equity charts, so I've been reading up on it as much as I can in the last month.   It's pretty tough stuff, but I'm making headway in understanding some of it. 
This really isn't "Day 1", I've already started to learn what I can and I'm just now starting to share my thoughts with the public.
The blog will be a way for me to share my findings and my learning progress not only for myself, as a reminder of the things I've gone through and as a later look back into the past, but as a helpful site for others who are interested in learning about technical analysis and want to get ideas from me.
I am by no means any type of professional when it comes to stocks, equities, futures, commodities, etc. and I give no assurance that anything I say is accurate, or can make anyone else any profit. What I write is only information that I am trying to ingest and to make sense of for myself that anyone who reads can take it and use it at their own discretion. I am also not a very good writer, if you couldn't tell already, as my background is in computers, I've strayed away from writing as much as possible.

Again, as a disclaimer: I am not responsible for any monetary gain/loss due to the information provided on this blog. Use it at your own discretion.

So a lot of the stuff I've learned so far came from the site Investopedia. It has a great wealth of information for the beginning investor and/or technical analyst as far I can see. I've also picked up some books on day trading, analysis, stock trading, etc..




The first book that I've started to read is called "Getting started in Technical Analysis", written by Jack D. Schwager. It's a pretty good book, although somewhat dry and boring at times, but HEY, technical analysis is just that!!   So some might find it easy to read, some might find it hard, I personally am in the middle, I am learning from it and can go through some of the pages quickly, while others I have to reread a couple of times.

Although I've said this book might not be meant for everyone, I have learned quite a deal from it. It explains TONS of stuff like:
  • Types of charts
  • Types of patterns that show up
  • Trends
  • Trading ranges
  • Support and Resistance
  • Oscillators
  • Stop-loss points
  • When to enter or exit trades
  •  ..... and a lot more I haven't read into yet. 
Another section details real world trades that occurred and their results. I am now into the third section of this book, over halfway done, and I'm still interested. I'm pretty sure you can find this book in many stores or online. I'm going to try and post an ad for it if i can find one.
Well this has been a long post, I'm not so sure the rest of them will be as large as this one. We'll see what I learn. 
As this blog grows, I'll try to update it with videos, links, pictures, etc, of the many things I find useful as I come across them. Until then....Watch what happens in the market EVERYDAY!!!

  Remember: the more you follow what happens during the week/day the more you'll start to understand what and why things happen and how to predict them before they happen. So follow the markets and follow the financial news.

No comments: